The purpose of the Maria L. Boccia Scholarship for Women in Church Ministry is to enhance the opportunities and future for women who plan to use their God-given skills to serve the Church and its mission in the world. This scholarship will provide tuition assistance for deserving female students who plan to pursue service in local church ministry (or parachurch or mission).
- The recipient(s) must be a female student with the stated intention to pursue local church work upon graduation. Secondarily, female students seeking to pursue parachurch or missions work may qualify if no female student planning to pursue local church work is found.
- The student may be full time or part time. The student may a global or residential student.
- The recipient(s) will, upon being approved, sign and uphold the Seminary Statement of Faith and the National Association of Evangelicals Statement of Faith.
- For the purpose of this scholarship, the recipient must agree to the following statements regarding the equality of men and women in the church:
- I believe in the equality and essential dignity of men and women of all races, ages, and classes.
- I believe that women and men are equally created in God’s image and given equal authority and
stewardship of God’s creation.
- I believe that men and women are equally responsible for and distorted by sin, resulting in
shattered relationships with God, self, and others.
- I believe in the family, celibate singleness, and faithful heterosexual marriage as the patterns God
designed for us.
- The recipient(s) upon enrollment must be of high academic achievement (merit-based) and have an entering GPA of 3.0 from an accredited institution.
- The recipient(s) must maintain high academic standards (minimum of 3.25 GPA) to continue to receive support from this Fund. If a student drops below 3.25 GPA, they will be given one semester to reestablish the GPA requirement.
- The recipient(s) must maintain all academic and student life standards as outlined by the Seminary