The Rev. Dr. Lyle M. Adams Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund has been established in honor of the ministry of Rev. Dr. Adams, who successfully promoted unity in Christ among believers historically divided by racial differences.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide tuition assistance for African-American and other racial minority master’s students, who demonstrate financial need to complete their theological training. Recipients may be part or full-time students, enrolled in any master’s program, who are committed to pursuing a career of ministry upon graduation, preferably in the urban, inner-city, or disadvantaged community contexts.
“This journey has not been perfect, nor easy, but I plan on using this education to follow God’s call to continue supporting minorities with an outlet of grace, hope, and light. My family and I are amazed and very grateful for your gift. Thank you!” – Scholarship Recipient, 2018-2019
- Recipients will identify as African-American or another disadvantaged racial minority group;
- Recipients will be part-time or full-time students (as established by the Seminary catalog), enrolled in any master’s program;
- Recipients can be first-year or later students;
- Recipients must demonstrate financial need and be in good academic standing;
- Recipients must be committed to pursuing a career of ministry upon graduation, preferably in the urban, inner-city, or disadvantaged community context;
- Scholarships may be renewed each year until the recipients graduate, as long as the recipients meet the above criteria and the degree is completed within the time period stated in the catalog.