Dr. Bruce Demarest joined the Denver Seminary faculty in 1975. During the 1980s, he began to offer courses in formation and soul care, and soon a Certificate in Formation was developed, an M.A. in Christian Formation was created, and classes were added to the Seminary’s Doctor of Ministry track- Leadership in Community Spiritual Formation. He and his wife, Elsie, also created a term endowed scholarship for students studying in this area. This new endowed scholarship continues that tradition and solidifies the scholarship in perpetuity to honor the Demarest Family and to provide for students studying Christian Formation.
“Thank you for being a part of my journey and for providing the spiritual and financial means for me to continue the path on which Lord has me! I pray and believe that your generosity will not just bless me, but will bless the nations!”
– Scholarship Recipient, 2017-2018
- Recipient(s) can be a full-time student or part-time student (as established by the Seminary catalog) at Denver Seminary, pursuing their degree residentially or online.
- Recipient(s) must be pursuing a MDiv in Christian Formation and Spiritual Direction, an MA in Christian Formation, or a future equivalent program.
- Recipient(s) must demonstrate financial need and be in good academic standing as determined by the Financial Aid Committee of the Seminary.
- Scholarship may be renewed each year until the recipient graduates, as long as the recipient(s) meets the above criteria, and the degree is completed within the time period stated in the catalog.