Married students have unique challenges and opportunities as they pursue higher education. The Dr. Kermit & Shirley Ecklebarger Endowed Scholarship Fund provides aid for continuing married students studying at Denver Seminary who have a heart and passion for ministry and home life. Each year two students are chosen for this scholarship – one is to be enrolled in a Master of Divinity (MDiv) and the second in the Master of Arts (MA) in Biblical Studies.
“My wife and I have a heart for making disciples, and I have a heart for teaching… As I pursue my MDiv in Biblical Studies, I am gaining a better understanding of the Bible and exposure to counseling, apologetics, and preaching; these are skills I can apply to future ministry. Thank you for funding the Dr. Kermit & Shirley Ecklebarger Endowed Scholarship Fund. Receiving this assistance has been a huge blessing to my family!”
– Scholarship Recipient, 2018-2019
- There will be two recipients: 1) A married Master of Divinity student who has completed a minimum 36 semester hours with minimum 2.75 GPA.; 2) A married Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) student who has completed a minimum 18 semester hours with a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- If no MA Biblical Studies student is available, then another MDiv student may be chosen until the next award cycle when the MA Biblical Studies student will again be given preference.
- Preference will be given to the students who are closer to graduating.
- The recipients must provide two references. One faculty reference and one pastoral staff reference that show their heart and passion for ministry and home life.