Support students who are pursuing God’s call to ministry leadership within a local church. The Wards, both graduates of Denver Seminary, always have had a heart for encouraging and equipping ministry leaders, especially next-generation leaders. Ward Family Scholarships have been created out of gratitude to the Seminary for the leadership training the Wards received as students, both in the classroom and through the mentorship of faculty and staff.
The “Young Leaders” Scholarship is an annual award, renewable for up to three years, for a student pursuing a Master of Arts (MA) in Leadership to prepare for ministry in the local church. The “Young Preachers” Scholarship is an annual award, renewable for up to four years, for a student pursuing a Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree to prepare for ministry in the local church. Recipients of both scholarships must be 30 years old or younger when they begin seminary studies.
“Through the Ward Family Scholarship, I will be able to attend seminary full-time this academic year. The financial blessing you have given to a young seminarian is truly a gift from the Lord. Your sacrifice does not go unnoticed. Thank you for your financial contribution to Denver Seminary that has allowed a first-generation college graduate to continue education in order to pursue vocational ministry!”
– Scholarship Recipient, 2018-2019
- Recipients will be full-time students (as established by the Seminary catalog) at Denver Seminary, enrolled in the Master of Arts Leadership program or Master of Divinity program.
- Recipients must demonstrate financial need and be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout their time as students.
- Recipients must be 30 years old or younger when beginning their studies at Denver Seminary.
- Scholarships may be renewed each year until the recipients graduate, for a total of 3 years in the MA Leadership degree or 4 years for the Master of Divinity degree.