General Statement of Job Function
Responsible for assisting Financial Aid Officer with daily functions: filing, copying, data entry/word processing, assisting perspective students with financial aid questions, the financial aid process and completing Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Data entry of financial aid forms, filing financial aid forms.
- Assisting current and perspective students with the financial aid process, documentation collection, data entry, help students with questions about completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for students.
- Assist with preview day presentations to prospective students.
Bachelor’s degree required. A knowledge and general understanding of accounting and bookkeeping, with accurate math skills required. Experience with customer service and ability to relate well and communicate effectively to a diverse population. Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form and able to give careful attention to detail. A commitment to discern and maintain confidentiality is an important requirement. Computer competency with familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office computer software a must.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to organize, communicate and manage projects effectively and accurately, taking responsibility for tasks, while handling interruptions, demanding human relations and multiple tasks that may occur simultaneously.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and comfortable working with and learning new software programs, as well as possess experience and knowledge of general office practices is required.
- Personal integrity a must.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The Financial Aid Assistant Work Study position supports this mission by:
- Supporting the Financial Aid department efficiently in a professional, confidential manner. Communication and cooperation with other departments of the seminary will be maintained in a proactive and professional manner. Deadlines will be meet with accuracy and responsible follow-through.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.