General Statement of Job Function
The Audio/Visual and Events Coordinator serves as the administrator for Denver Seminary events and oversees Chapel live streaming technology. He/She will report to the Senior Director of Communications and will work directly with staff to initiate a Seminary-wide event process; direct event activities as they relate to live streaming; coordinate volunteer(s) as related to live streaming activities prior to, during, and after events; and work with the Communications Department and other appropriate staff following event to ensure transfer of final deliverable. Anticipated to split time between Denver Seminary institution events and The Gospel Initiative of Denver Seminary events, focusing approximately 50% of time for each.
- Serve as technology lead for Seminary live streaming events, and direct all live streaming and audio/video components to successfully meet the needs of the event host.
- Initiate Seminary’s event process to ensure the host understands his/her roles.
- Coordinate with other departments whose services are required for the event.
- Coordinate the Seminary-wide event calendar.
- Support public facing The Gospel Initiative events.
- Coordinate live streaming event technology volunteers. Expect one per event.
- Train staff and appropriate volunteers on operating streaming equipment, including but not limited to lighting, microphones, and sound board, as well as set up, and tear down of all equipment.
- Make appropriate post-production edits to final videos.
- Coordinate with the appropriate staff and departments to ensure delivery and archiving of final product.
- Provide simple graphic support for Seminary videos.
- Work with IT to establish and keep preventive maintenance schedule for Chapel equipment.
- Support non-live streaming Seminary events as needed and possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support external events, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in video and audio equipment operations.
- Scheduling and event coordination experience.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Knowledge of media production.
- Appreciation for Seminary mission and brand and understanding of how role has an impact on the brand.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective communicator.
- Professional and confident.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively.
- Servant’s heart, team player, customer focused, quick to absorb information and learn.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Media Events Coordinator supports this mission by:
- Delivery of superior livestreaming events, including final video.
- Delivery of superior customer experience, including Denver Seminary staff, vendors, and participants.
- Increased reach of Denver Seminary events to new and current audiences.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage, audio and video equipment usage, walking, long periods of standing, climb stairs, balance, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to email@example.com.
Salary Grade: 8 (hourly)