Legacy Builders: What You Need to Know About Estate Planning
Local attorneys and Denver Seminary friends Steve Brown and Brian Taylor will present a live discussion to focus on common misconceptions about estate planning, the four key documents you need, and other helpful insights about the planning process. Primary topics will include wills & trusts, living wills, and powers of attorney. You will learn why these are necessary, how to establish them, and what happens if you don’t have them.
Breakfast will be provided for those joining in person. We hope to see you on campus for this event! If you have any questions, please contact James Rider.
- Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- Location: Denver Seminary | Vernon Grounds Reading Room | 6399 S Santa Fe Dr | Littleton, CO 80121
- Time: In Person 7:30 – 9:00 AM
Experienced and committed to successful client solutions, Steve Brown has practiced law in Colorado as a licensed member of the Colorado Bar Since 1987. He obtained his law degree from the University of Denver in 1987, and his undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado in 1980, B.S. Business Administration. He is a member of the Colorado Trusts and Estates Bar and also the Douglas/Elbert County Bar Association.
Steve has extensive expertise in the areas of Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Durable Powers of Attorney, Real Estate Transactions and Corporate and Commercial Transactions. As confirmation of his superb reputation with clients and in the community, Steve was selected as Best of the Best 2016 in Parker for the category of Attorney by Colorado Community Media.
Steve is a Colorado native, and he and his wife have raised their three children in the Parker area over the last 30 years. He is an avid outdoors man and has climbed all of Colorado’s 14ers. Individuals and small business clients come to Steve for competent, reasonably priced and trusted legal advice. They discover that he is an attorney who truly cares about them and their legal needs. Always passionate about serving the community, Steve has consistently contributed in many ways to Parker and the greater Colorado community over the years. Some of the areas benefiting from Steve’s involvement, service and leadership include:
- Rotary Club of Parker
- Parker Adventist Hospital Foundation – Board Member (2006-2010)
- Parker Core Knowledge Charter School – Founding Board Member and Foundation Director
- Parker Task Force – Volunteer Interviewer at the Parker Food Bank
- Deacon, Elder and Member – Parker Evangelical Presbyterian Church (PEPC)
- Douglas County Planning Commissioner (1993-1999, Chairman 1995)
- Douglas County Water Advisory Board – Former Board Member
- Douglas County Land Conservancy – Former Board Member
- Young Life – Former Volunteer Leader and South Denver Young Life Committee Chairman
- Denver Rescue Mission Volunteer
- Former Elbert County Attorney
- Former Assistant Summit County Attorney
- Participant – Adoption of Family for Colorado Homeless Initiative
- Volunteer Match with Colorado Prisoners – Friends in Transition Match Program
Brian is passionate about helping individuals and businesses accomplish their goals by providing trustworthy and knowledgeable legal counsel. Brian’s areas of expertise include entity formation, emerging companies, mergers and acquisitions, transactions and contracts, real estate matters, estate planning and probate. Brian has been an attorney with Brown & Taylor since 2014. Prior to joining Brown & Taylor, Brian worked in-house as an Associate Corporate Counsel at a Fortune 200 company in Colorado.
Brian obtained his law degree from the University of Colorado – Boulder, where he served as the Resource Editor for the Journal of Telecommunications and High Technology Law and as a student attorney in the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic. Prior to law school, Brian received his B.S. in Business Administration from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado – Boulder.
As an advocate for local business, Brian enjoys representing and educating small and medium size business owners on the many legal matters that they face. In conjunction with this passion, Brian has given presentations at multiple industry focused conferences and in classroom settings on legal matters including Limiting Business and Personal Liability, Nuts and Bolts of Contracts, and Negotiating Good Contracts.
Brian is a Colorado Native, born and raised in Colorado Springs. He and his wife reside in Parker and are actively involved in the Community. Brian is a Board Member of the Parker Area Chamber of Commerce. When not practicing law, Brian enjoys all things Colorado, including fishing, golfing, skiing and cheering on the Broncos and the Buffalos.
- Parker Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (Director 2016-present; Secretary of the Board 2017 – 2019; Vice Chairman of the Board 2020; Chairman of the Board 2021)
- Parker Chamber of Commerce Foundation Board of Directors (Director 2022 – present; Chairman of the Board 2022)
- Parker Adventist Hospital Community Board of Trustees (Director 2020 – present)
- Parker Evangelical Presbyterian Church (Session Member 2016 – present; Clerk of the Session 2016 – 2021)