General Statement of Job Function
The Communications Work Study will work closely with the Senior Director of Communications and the Communications Specialist to help implement strategic communications efforts to achieve high quality communications and increase brand awareness for Denver Seminary, particularly in support of video editing, social media content development, and other communications channels as needed. The individual should be detail-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines, flexible, and experienced with supporting an organization’s communication efforts. The ideal candidate will be proficient with MS Office and standard office equipment, able to clearly and effectively communicate in writing and orally, and have strong administrative and organizational skills. He/She will provide communications support for specific projects such as the Seminary’s social media and video content, along with other duties as assigned.
- Support video content development through video editing in consistent brand style and voice. Will edit content for use on social media, website, and other brand channels.
- Support the production of social media content, balancing unique offerings including educational programs and The Gospel Initiative, while also finding engaging ways to feature faculty, events, In Perspective, and Engage360. May include content development, copywriting, design, and audio-clip or video editing. May also research emerging best practices and approaches for increasing reach and engagement.
- On occasion, support the production of additional communication projects such as the Engage360 podcast, print materials, social media, and blog articles.
- Video editing experience in individual’s preferred editing software.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize projects.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Design experience or familiarity with Canva software preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Professional and confident.
- Able to work individually and collaboratively.
- Servant’s heart, team player, customer focused, quick to absorb information and learn.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The Communications Assistant supports this mission by the:
- Production of high quality content on website, social media and podcast, and other communication materials as appropriate.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Requires sitting and standing. Work is performed in an office environment and requires working at a computer; eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, the ability to distinguish letters and symbols, corrected vision and hearing within normal range. Requires speaking and writing proficiently in the English language. Requires working under occasionally stressful conditions. Requires the use of office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones, copiers, and fax machines. Work is generally fast-paced and challenging.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Once you receive approval from financial aid, please complete the following forms and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.