Youth and Children's Ministry
Children’s Ministry Director
Trinity Anglican Church
- Must be committed to growing in your walk with Christ.
- Have a day of rest (no church work) one day a week.
- Meet with God each day to personally worship, pray and be in Scripture.
- Invest in healthy relationships with family and friends.
- Commit to a discipleship/mentoring relationship in which you are challenged to grow in your walk with Christ and your work in His Church.
- Have a positive and professional relationship with parents. Being able to answer questions about children’s programming, curriculum particulars, and philosophy of the ministry.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, regular Ministry Team meetings and other teams as required.
- Develop a Ministry Team (~3-6 people) to assist in vision and implementation of the Children’s Ministry.
- Encourage the growth in maturity, confidence and competence of all Ministry Team members through an implemented strategy of accountability, discipleship and training.
- Utilize strong skills in recruiting, retaining, training and caring for children’s education volunteers.
- Design, champion, and coordinate children’s involvement in, and understanding of, the liturgy and broader life of the church.
- Connect with new families, to inform and integrate them into Children’s Ministry and the wider life of Trinity.
- Direct special family events, such as the Christmas Pageant, Family Camp, Parent Trainings, Parents Night Out, summer events.
- Oversee Children’s Church Vision, Content and Structure
- Alongside the Rector, create a pathway of formation for families and children, from birth to 5th grade. This should support the overall vision of Trinity and clearly prepare children for their upcoming formation in Middle and High School.
- Create age-specific classes to appropriately engage children.
- Teach in large group settings as appropriate.
- Develop, communicate and enforce policies to ensure the safety of our children.
- Communicate needs and concerns with Littleton SDA regarding our common use of space.
- Oversee Children’s Church Administration
- Recruit teachers and helpers for all classes.
- Scale Children’s Church to the needs of a growing church (growing to multiple services for example)
- Schedule teachers sustainably with a view to grow and long-term retention.
- Research, order and distribute curriculum.
- Oversee sign-in registration.
- Communicate regularly with parents verbally and in writing, including upcoming lessons, updates, etc.
- Strengthen Children’s Church
- Encourage all teachers and children to be growing in maturity, biblical understanding and relationship with God.
- Observe all classes on a regular basis, giving feedback to teachers for encouragement and growth.
- Ensure continuity of expectations between teachers and students. Each week, every student should know the expectations in the class, regardless of the teacher, and each teacher should know the expectations they have for the students.
- Encourage & mentor teachers towards effectiveness.
- Foster peer-to-peer development between teachers.
- Oversee Other Aspects of Children’s Ministry
- Consult and cooperate with the Youth Minister for integration of ministries and special events.
- Design and implement special programs (such as VBS) as appropriate.