Administrative and Clerical
Mission Statement: Hope House Colorado (HHC) empowers parenting teenage moms to achieve personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for them and for their children.
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Exemption Status: Salary Non-Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary Range: $38,300 – $45,300
Benefits Eligibility: Eligible
Work Environment: This role is expected to work 40 hours/week on the HHC campus, except when offsite for HHC work-related purposes. Existing schedule is 8 hours per day Monday – Friday; however, this role will be required to work some scheduled evenings and weekends.
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant’s (EA) first priority is to enhance the Executive Director’s (ED) effectiveness by providing information management support, scheduling support, meeting and email support and by representing the ED to others. The EA also provides meeting and information support to the Board of Directors. Ultimately, the EA identifies and addresses the needs of the ED and performs administrative tasks to ensure the ED’s workflow runs smoothly.
The EA’s second priority is to support other Hope House Colorado Directors as needed, including taking minutes for team meetings and completing assigned projects or tasks to support the team as a whole.
Responsibilities Related to Assisting the Executive Director (ED):
- Coordinates the Executive Director’s calendar, including all scheduling, communications related to scheduling, confirmations of appointments, etc.
- Manages ED’s phone calls
- Manages and sorts ED’s email, as well as responding to email correspondence as directed
- Responds promptly to queries
- Facilitates internal communication
- Prepare reports, assist with filing, data entry, and administrative tasks
- Prepares executive team members’ expense reports
- Acts as ED’s representative, virtually and in person, as requested
- Responsible for all aspects of meeting preparation for meetings the ED owns, including meeting set up
- Prepares for and attends monthly Board meetings, takes minutes, maintains Board calendar, roster, training manual and all other pertinent Board documents. responsible for compiling and sending monthly board reporting package. Assists Board members with administrative tasks as requested
- Interacts with volunteers and champions, leads tours of the Resource Center, represents Hope House professionally and in an engaging manner
- Handles all aspects of champion (donor) management for ED (training in Raiser’s Edge database provided)
- Drafts letters and documents; collects and analyzes information; conducts research as requested
- Prepares a daily report for the ED (template provided)
- Completes projects as assigned
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential
Responsibilities Related to Assisting the Director of Development (DoD):
- Attends weekly Development team meetings, as requested
- Responsible for meeting scheduling, including meeting prep and meal coordination as needed
- RE data entry and tasks as requested (DoD may request assistance for RE related tasks for her team)
- Monthly expense report
Responsibilities Related to Assisting the Program Director:
- Coordinates the Program Director calendar, including scheduling, communications related to scheduling, confirmations of appointments, etc., as requested
- Attends Daily Huddle and Program Team meetings and takes minutes
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote the values of HHC throughout the organization and external relationships
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, and events
- Input relevant data into Development and Program databases
- Collaborate with HHC staff and perform job duties to advance the organization’s mission and vision
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, seeking guidance as appropriate
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures
- All employees are responsible for managing volunteers, including appreciation and building relationship, and reporting about volunteer use to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies as applicable
- Accountability & Dependability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Detail Oriented – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Decision Making & Judgment – Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Ethics & Integrity – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Negotiating Agreements – Remains open to many approaches to address needs or resolve issues. Seeks suggestions from other parties. Seeks common interests and win/win solutions or mutually agreable trade-offs.
- Planning & Organizing – Creates realistic schedules, prioritizes key action steps. Anticipates the impacts and risks of decisions and actions. Seeks and uses others’ input about critical actions, timelines, sequencing, & expected outcomes. Evaluates progress against schedule and goal.
- Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
- Researching Information – Identifies, collects, and organizes data for analysis and decision-making.
- Results Focus – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Self-Management – Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Stress Tolerance – Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
Supervisory Duties: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk as well as bend, squat, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. We are a team and support each other in all ways necessary to continue working toward the HHC mission.
Benefits: HHC benefits are available to employees who consistently work a minimum of 24 hours a week. Benefits offered are subject to change at HHC’s sole discretion.
- Health Benefits: Employees may elect medical, dental, vision & life insurance plans.
- Simple IRA: Employees may choose to make salary reduction contributions through HHC’s Simple IRA plan and HHC will match the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 3% of the employee’s annual salary.
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Vacation: Upon hire, employees earn 1 hour of vacation per 15.33 hours worked up to 120 hours (3 weeks) in a year. Accruals are adjusted to increase vacation earned per hours worked based on length of employment with HHC.
- Holidays: HHC observes eleven (11) holidays throughout the year. Salaried employees are paid for these holidays according to the nationally recognized observation day for each holiday.
- Sick Leave: HHC provides eligible employees with Paid Sick and Safe Leave (PSSL) and Public Health Emergency Leave (PHEL) in accordance with the requirements of Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Must pass a criminal background check, driving record check, and drug screen
- Must be committed to Hope House Colorado’s Guiding Principles and continually working towards the HHC mission
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the Hope House Relational Covenant
- Prior experience as Administrative Assistant required
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent phone manners and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently with many distractions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-energy environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education or Training:
- High School Dimploma or Equivalency
Please apply online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/All/a528ed51-0e72-43fc-95e4-b001aa7281ee