Join The Team At City Church
We are seeking to build a team that is enthusiastic about this vision and has experience learning, serving, and experimenting with ways to share the lifegiving, liberating, and loving message of Jesus Christ. Because of this, and because we have several ministry areas in need of leadership, we are approaching our search process a little differently.
We are looking for a kind of person…
- Committed Christian. Can speak critically, compassionately, intelligently, and with conviction about how the life-giving, liberating, and loving work of Jesus animates their own life and sense of call to inclusive ministry.
- Collaborative. Enjoys the process of ideation and problem-solving with others, receiving constructive feedback, appreciates diverse perspectives, and is self-aware.
- Open to Correction. A humble orientation to ministry, work, and execution that builds in feedback loops, is comfortable with admitting when things didn’t go as planned, and can approach failure with a growth mindset.
- A Builder. Has experience building — and iterating on — programs, initiatives, or events which creatively and effectively meet the spiritual questions, needs, and growth edges of congregants that cultivate sustained engagement.
- Integrity. Reliable, hard-working, honest, trustworthy, and generous spirited.
…TO LEAD IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS OF MINISTRY:
Each position represents, roughly, a half-time set of responsibilities. If you are interested in a full-time position, please understand that you will need to express interest in two or more areas of ministry. (Rather than offer pre-bundled position descriptions, what we seek is to find the right people for the team who can lead our various ministries well.)
Musical Worship: Vocals
Musical Worship: Instrumental
Pastor for Liturgical Worship: Arts and Liturgy (*MDiv and Ordination Required)
Pastor for Discipleship: Learning + Spiritual Growth
Pastor for Discipleship: Service, Justice and Community Life
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30th, 2023
FLSA status: Exempt
Commitment: Full-time / Part-time
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Compensation: Full-time $75,000-95,000, determined by responsibility, quality of experience, and ordination status
Submit the following materials to email@example.com
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter(in letter or video format) that describes:
- Why do you sense a call to join the ministries of City Church San Francisco?
- The ways in which you have demonstrated the five characteristics described above in previous areas of ministry leadership.
- What areas of ministry in which we seek leadership do you feel most gifted or called to serve?