Youth and Children's Ministry
Next Gen Pastor
The Living Stone Church is seeking to hire a passionate, servant-hearted NEXT GEN Pastor! Maybe you’re the one! Let me tell you a little about us… The Living Stone Church launched in NW Denver, August 21, 2016. Located between downtown Denver and Boulder, Broomfield and the surrounding suburbs have come to be known as “the church planting graveyard,” due to the number of church plants that simply can’t make it here. In fact, 4 out of 5 church plants will close their doors in the first few years of existence. There are more than 100,000 people living within 3 miles of the church and with 93% of our city being unchurched, it is truly a mission field! What’s more, The Living Stone just celebrated it’s 5th ANNIVERSARY with it’s 283rd salvation! God is moving POWERFULLY in our church and we’re excited to get to know you and see if you might be the next person to join our amazing staff team!
Our Next Gen Pastor will be responsible for implementing The Living Stone’s vision of “expanding the movement of Jesus’ Followers throughout Denver, the West & the World” through our Kids/Student Ministry. The person we’re looking for is a natural builder and able to lead and build onto our existing ministry. The person we seek must be a Christian – a person who disciples people out of their own love and devotion to Christ.
- Overseeing Kids/Youth Ministry.
- Developing and supporting a team of adult volunteers of all ages to work with students.
- Communicating clearly with students and parents (calendars, newsletters, social media, meetings, etc.)
- Help build teams that will work closely with Kids/Student Ministry.
Qualities We’re Looking For:
- Abider—Diligently pursue your own spiritual life and formation (1 Tim. 4:7).
- Shepherd—Possess a sincere love for (and confidence with) teenagers and ought to be deeply skilled in working with all kinds of people with kindness and grace (1 Cor. 13:1).
- Creator—Be innovative and have some sophistication with media arts (1 Cor. 9:22).
- Culturally Savvy—Understand culture and even use it, but with discretion (Acts 17:28).
- Team Builder—Be good at inviting adult leaders to join youth ministry teams. This means giving them challenges while checking up on them and cheering them on (Eph. 4:12).
- Learner—Be an avid reader/podcast listener who continually develops as a theologian in general and as a youth pastor in particular (Ec. 10:10).
- Adapter—Be comfortable working in a multi-ethnic, culturally diverse environment with people who come from a wide range of life experiences. (1 Cor. 9:22).
- Energizer—Possess high energy and be healthy because ministry is rigorous (2 Tim. 4:5).
- Example—Have personal integrity, be punctual, return calls/messages, and accept constructive input from others (Tit. 2:7; Prov. 9:9).
If interested in applying, please email us a resume, a cover letter & answers to these 6 questions to Keith Baldridge: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us why you’re interested in The Living Stone’s Next Gen Pastor position?
- What’s your philosophy of Student Ministry?
- What experience do you have building teams?
- What skills, qualities or spiritual gifts do you have that you think would enhance your ministry to lead people in an unchurched area like Denver?
- What books have recently influenced your faith?
- What do you like to do for fun and how do you like to spend your spare time?