FBC of Torrington is a close-knit family of believers who seek to serve their community and support the broader mission of Christ in multiple ways. FBC is active in the camping ministry of ABCRM’s Camp WYOBA, they regularly support IM missions and participate in the work of the broader family. Located in a historic and vibrant county seat town, the church has a great future and is looking for the right leader to guide them in securing that future.
FBC seeks a pastor to help identify and implement the work necessary to reach this community. Congregation is small but faithful, ready to come alongside a strong leader and to receive, disciple and support new believers. Current leaders are capable, yet years of service have resulted in weariness and dulled the vision. We seek a pastor to challenge, inspire and invite us to come alongside a new and vibrant ministry to reach the next generation. We believe the focus of the next pastor must be on Church Outreach, Evangelism and Membership Growth if we are to be viable. An outline of the current job description is below:
Job Description Of the Pastor of FBC Torrington
Church Outreach, Evangelism, and Membership Growth
The Minister shall work in cooperation with the Diaconate Board and appropriate individuals to minister to the needs of the church and its community in the areas listed below:
- Corporate Worship:
- Plan and facilitate worship services in conjunction with the Diaconate
- Coordinate all elements of worship with sermon themes/holidays
- Plan the communion services with the Diaconate
- Plan the music and worship for all programs with the Music Committee
- Christian Education
- Work with the Christian Education Committee in the educational ministries of the church.
- Teach Bibles Studies and other Christian Education classes on a weekly/regular basis.
- Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Minister to the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of the congregation and, to the extent possible, to community members
- Assist and counsel individuals who choose Christ as their Savior and seek baptism.
- Assist individuals who desire to join the church, instructing them in the history and practice of the Baptist Church
- Counsel individuals regarding personal concerns such as marriage, divorce, grievances, etc.
- Develop a visitation program for congregational members.
- Supervision of Staff
- Supervise and advise all members of the church staff
- Coordinate weekly/monthly/yearly events and set the calendar
- Christian Outreach and Missions
- Develop and discuss with the church various methods to share the mission and purpose of the church and to help attract prospective members
- Work with Boards and Committees In:
- Establishing office hours and vacation schedule for the Minister
- Providing a verbal report of all actives related above in monthly board meetings and at the quarterly business meetings.
- Providing written quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to the church clerk.
- Acting as a resource person for the various boards and committees
- Meeting with the boards, committees and the pastor/congregational relationship committee
- Cooperation with the ABCRM
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with ABCRM staff, utilizing them as resources in the ministry of the church
- Be award of opportunities for the church to serve and support in broader mission
The Minister shall meet with the pastoral relations committee biannually or more frequently if there is an issue submitted in writing to the pastoral relations committee that must be addressed.To Apply: Steve Van Ostran at firstname.lastname@example.org