Senior Pastor Job Description
Platte Canyon Community Church is seeking a Senior Pastor to be an active part of our body, teaching and equipping us in God’s word while graciously pastoring us through life.
We are a non-denominational community church that serves the mountain town of Bailey Colorado and beyond with a place of fellowship for anyone who believes in Jesus Christ as savior and lord. Our body has people from many denominational backgrounds united around a core statement of faith.
Preaching & Teaching
- Foster spiritual growth toward maturity and wisdom within the church body.
- Lead most Sunday services and identify other speakers in coordination with the elder team to provide engaging exegetical and expository peaching.
- Lead the service coordination team to work toward a focused Sunday morning service that gives Glory to God through authentic worship and biblical learning.
- Facilitate periodic Bible studies, discussions, and meetings to go deeper into God’s word and build unity around what He is doing in the Church.
- Collaborate with and equip elders and gifted teachers to be effective in their teaching and discipleship ministries, including strategically inviting them to be a part of the preaching at times.
- Be a part of the Platte Canyon Church community, building relationships and joining in with the life of the church.
- Actively participate in the delivery of pastoral care including pastoral counseling, hospital visitation, conflict reconciliation, weddings, funerals, baptisms etc.
- Coordinate with elders, deacons and care ministry leads to ensure that all requests for pastoral, physical and relational care are responded to in a timely manner.
Vision and Leadership
- Serve as a member of the elder team.
- Being accountable to the other elders, and through the direction of the Holy Spirit, live out and communicate our church purpose, character and plans as we strive to be faithful to God’s leading.
- Exercise gifts of leadership to:
- Inspire and empower people to live out and share the Gospel and Christ’s love in their communities and beyond
- Ignite the church (staff, volunteers, and congregation) to join what God is doing through the Church
- Embody Christ’s love in the church and the community
Team Leader to Staff
- Supervise and build a sense of team and mutual accountability amongst staff
- Support and coach pastoral staff
- Work with elders and deacons to ensure proper support and resources for staff to thrive in their ministries.
As an Elder, Coordinate and Develop “Teaching and Discipleship” Ministries (small groups, bible studies, youth, and children’s ministry etc.)
- Support and coach “Teaching and Discipleship” ministry leaders
- Ensure teaching and discipleship curriculum is in alignment with our statement of faith and church purpose
- Foster alignment and synergy of teaching and discipleship ministries
- Work with elders and ministry leaders to strategically build and sustain teaching and discipleship opportunities for the church, with an emphasis on small groups.
- A man of biblical character that demonstrates spiritual maturity, love for all and a striving for righteousness.
- MA or MDiv in Biblical or Pastoral studies preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience with exegetical preaching and pastoral care responsibilities preferred.
- Authentic and clear communicator that makes scripture come alive to the listener.
- Caring and relational, able to be a part of our community, both within the church and beyond.
- Service-oriented with genuine care for the wellbeing of people
- Able to teach biblical truth, with grace and humility, to a diverse community of traditions and denominational backgrounds in a way that does not foster division on debatable issues but builds unity around the Gospel Message and our statement of faith.