Community Church of Alton
Alton, New Hampshire
Position: Senior Pastor, Full Time
Community Church of Alton (CCOA) is an established, non-denominational, Bible believing, Christ centered church in the beautiful Lakes Region of New Hampshire. We are prayerfully seeking a full-time, experienced Senior Pastor with an unwavering Biblical Christian worldview to faithfully shepherd and grow our congregation, and who feels called and skilled to develop a robust youth ministry. The called Pastor will have a strongly entrepreneurial and missions-oriented heart.
CCOA is a male Elder led church. Presently, with a part-time Senior Pastor, CCOA holds one service on Sunday morning, children’s church, a Wednesday evening prayer meeting, and weekly, separate, men’s and women’s bible studies. Sunday attendance at CCOA is approximately 50-100, comprised of adults, youth, and children, with seasonal upward fluctuation during the summer months. Sunday services are livestreamed via YouTube for those who are unable to attend in person.
Personal Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for Senior Pastor will be ordained, with a background in pastoral ministry, demonstrated preaching experience, and a passion for the mission, vision, and values of Community Church of Alton as outlined in our Statement of Beliefs. https://ccoaalton.com/our_beliefs He will be a highly relational person, demonstrating authenticity, energy, enthusiasm, a passion for ministry and people, and a man of high integrity.
Essential but not exhaustive, he shall meet the Biblical standards for elders outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 and conduct himself with the spirit of humility and servanthood called for in passages such as Matthew 20:25-28 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
Degree from an accredited Christian college/university (Master of Theology or Master of Divinity preferred), equivalent experience considered.
Five or more years of experience in a church, with pastoral experience in the role of Lead/Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, or other Pastor with significant preaching responsibilities.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
Personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, with an emphasis upon gentleness, self-control, character, knowledge of God’s Word, spiritual maturity, personal prayer, and spiritual leadership. Evidence of a committed, mature, and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
Possess and demonstrate integrity, vision, discernment, patience, compassion, and humor.
Ability to skillfully preach inspiring and challenging sermons that boldly proclaim God’s Word with enthusiasm, passion, and conviction.
Highly competent in expository preaching, and actively uses this teaching approach.
Passion to be a servant leader in the pastoral care of the congregation.
Strong leadership skills, including the ability to develop and articulate Mission and Vision, build support, and engage the church community in fulfilling its purpose.
A creative, entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to envision and revitalize, spearheading change as needed.
Leads in a clear and compelling manner by creating a collaborative culture and uniting church members toward a common vision.
Experience leading and engaging in community outreach efforts with a sincere enthusiasm for evangelism in the local community, and with special emphasis on cultivating and investing in the next generation of Christ followers (youth).
Competency in recruiting, training, developing, and inspiring people for effective leadership and hands-on ministry.
Ability to partner and collaborate with staff and church leadership to develop goals and execute plans to achieve them.
- Preaching/Teaching/Worship – As the primary preaching Pastor, demonstrate a consistent preaching ability and deliver effective Biblically based sermons consistent with CCOA Mission and Vision Statements, in response to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Ensure that sermon content includes practical relevance to present-day life and culture as weighed against the whole of Scripture.
- Encourage and equip members to grow in faith, knowledge of the Word of God, and in relationship with Jesus Christ. Cultivation of a discipleship culture is essential.
- With discipleship in mind, develop and deliver adult education curriculum for the ongoing spiritual growth and maturity of the church body.
- Plan and coordinate worship in conjunction with staff and lay leaders for a blend of traditional and contemporary worship, ensuring a Biblical basis of all content.
- Pastoral/Church Leadership – Maintain an active and visible role in the life of the congregation and ensure that the pastoral care needs of the congregation are met.
- Undertake and oversee development of programs for adult, youth, & children’s education, discipleship, pastoral care, community, and missions’ outreach.
- Perform weddings, funerals, dedications, baptisms, pastoral visits (home, hospital, etc.), and emergency responses as needed.
- Staff/Operational Leadership – Implement an effective organizational and staffing structure that achieves the Mission and Vision of CCOA, ensuring that organizational processes are carried out daily.
- Supervise and mentor staff, including annual evaluations in conjunction with the Elders and Trustees, utilizing each staff members’ talents and abilities to achieve the highest level of service and performance.
- Together with the Elders and Trustees, monitor performance and effectiveness of ministries and programs; identify, and respond to successes and constraints, and ensure efficient church operations and administration.
- Working with the Board of Trustees and Elders, ensure excellent stewardship and fiscal responsibility of CCOA’s financial resources, consistent with its Mission, Vision, and core Biblical values.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal time, and sick-time
- Housing – Church Parsonage
- Church Related Expense Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Retirement – as available, to be discussed
Application Submission Instructions
After prayerful consideration, if the Lord is leading you to pursue this invitation to serve as Senior Pastor, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter expressing interest and addressing the following questions:
What is your personal statement of faith?
What does advancing the Kingdom of God mean to you?
From a Biblical perspective, what is your vision for a church leadership model?
- Current Resume
- Three letters of recommendation (clergy, layperson, personal)
- Copies of license, ordination certificate, transcripts of educational accomplishments, i.e., degrees and any other certifications
- CD, DVD, Flash Drive, or online link to recent sermons and Bible teaching (no fewer than 5 samples)
Please submit your information to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail to:
Community Church of Alton
P.O. Box 997
Alton, NH 03809
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.To Apply: email@example.com