Evangelical Community Church (“ECC”), an English-speaking, multi-ethnic, non-denominational church in Hong Kong, now seeks to appoint a Senior Pastor to oversee, lead and care for the church in upholding its core values of Worship, Nurture, Community, and Outreach to reach more people with the Gospel and make more disciples for our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Senior Pastor shall exemplify a consistent testimony through his prayer life and walk with Christ, as demonstrated in the integrity of his relationships with family and the church, with humility and a teachable spirit. He shall also demonstrate a Great Commission lifestyle, with a keen ability in balancing ministry and family life, and emotional and physical well-being.
ECC is an Elder Board-led church. The Senior Pastor serves on the board as an ex-officio member, and is accountable to the board.
- Oversee & provide pastoral care to the entire congregation of 250+.
- Preach regularly God’s truth in relevant and applicable messages.
- Oversee, lead and pastor a staff team of around 8-10 persons.
- Oversee planning and leading of worship services and special events.
- Oversee and develop ministries (e.g. teaching, leadership, discipleship, vision development) so all in the congregation may be equipped, prepared, and trained to provide faithful witness, testimony, and execute the great commission.
- The Senior Pastor shall be grounded in grace, passionate about prayer, committed to exegetical preparation, expository delivery and application, gospel-centered preaching, and the infallible Word of the Bible.
- To direct, communicate, and nurture all staff and lay leadership.
- To lead staff and lay leaders by providing appropriate direction, accountability, shepherding, and discipleship.
- To identify and cultivate leadership to serve as lay volunteers or pastors/missionaries within the congregation.
- To encourage members and regular attendees to enjoy the life and fellowship of the church community by participating in small groups.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Ordained minister with relevant seminary degree (e.g. MDiv, DD, DMin, etc.).
- At least 10 years in full-time pastoring and preaching ministry, preferably in English-speaking church(es), of which 5 or more years after ordination.
- At least 20 years cumulative experience (volunteer, part-time or full-time) in Christian ministry roles.
- Spoken Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin) an advantage but not mandatory.
- Experienced in leading a comparatively-sized congregation and church staff preferred.
- Experienced with navigating multi-cultural/multi-ethnic settings in church as well as missions, especially in Asian communities preferred.