Youth and Children's Ministry
Weekly Attendance: 1,850
Location: Gulfport, Mississippi
The Role: Student Pastor
Meet Northwood Church:
Northwood Church is centered around drawing people to Christ and educating them on who God is and His Purpose. This church has 4 locations including Gulfport. Wherever you are in life, you will always have a next step to take as you grow. Whether you’ve joined us online or in person, we want to help you take your next step here at Northwood.
About the Student Pastor:
As the Northwood Church Student Pastor, you’ll get to advance the gospel by overseeing the mission of Northwood Church in the 6-12th grade students. Your goal is to help students know God, grow in Christ, and go in the power of the Holy Spirit. Some of the responsibilities will include planning and preaching at student services, leading student leadership teams at multiple (4) locations, as well as coordinating on and off-campus student events.
The Student Pastor Will:
- Lead Northwood Students across all locations by providing vision and direction and helping students becoming planted and thriving in the local church.
- Oversee the Northwood Students leaders in day-to-day affairs, including creating content and providing resources to every Northwood location for students.
- Spend time evaluating and developing each Student Campus Coordinator and identify next steps for them and their campus through monthly meetings.
- Ensure that the systems and structures in place for Northwood are used to help students take their next steps.
- Regularly communicate with Lead Pastors and other departments on behalf of the Northwood Students team for all efforts, activities, and status within Northwood Students.
- Plan and execute youth events on and off-site.
- Provide leadership and oversight for pastoral care to all small groups within Northwood Students by cultivating and maintaining a shepherding relationship with coordinators and leaders.
- Design, develop, implement, and regularly communicate the vision, mission, and strategy for small groups.
- Lead efforts and build teams to recruit and train small group leaders.
- Provide clear direction and empower coordinators and leaders to perform ministry through small groups.
- Maintain the infrastructure within Northwood Students. Regularly plan and facilitate meetings of coordinators and leaders for the purpose of coaching, developing community, and general communication. Oversee efforts for the pre-semester, semester, and post-semester meetings and evaluations.
- Track and report defined statistics with efforts to monitor and manage the “health” of coordinators, leadership base, and group members.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- High School/GED required.
- 2+ years of experience in a church staff required.
- Student Pastor Assistants preferred.
- Multi-site experience preferred.
- Ability and desire to preach regularly at youth services.
- Ability to lead teams effectively across a multi-location church.
- Ability and desire to continue to be creative in student ministry.
- Organizational, practical, and goal-oriented leadership.
- Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience.
- Pastoral, discerning, and confident leadership.
- Professional and Biblical representation of Northwood Church and the Lord in all things.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Quick learner who is constantly looking for growth opportunities.
What it’s Like to Live in Gulfport, Mississippi:
Gulfport, Mississippi is a suburban town in Harrison County that is currently home to about 72,000 friendly residents, mostly young families. The MS Gulf Coast has a large diversity of people and is experiencing steady growth. Whenever you think of Mississippi, you typically do not think of the beach. That is one of the many reasons why Coastal Mississippi and the surrounding areas provide so much value to a young family thinking of moving to the Coast. Within 30 minutes, you can be feeling the Gulf breeze while enjoying a shrimp po’boy from one of our many coastal restaurants to enjoying the country air in Wiggins, MS. Additionally, during the Spring and Fall months, you can enjoy one of our many festivals made available in our unique towns like Bay St. Louis and Ocean Springs. Although Coastal Mississippi might not have the hustle a major city might provide, keep in mind that Historic New Orleans and its amazing beignets are only an hour away. Above all, Coastal Mississippi can provide a beautiful beach atmosphere with a welcoming crowd, country living, and a rich history.
To Apply: email@example.com