Youth and Children's Ministry
(Proposed Salary $35,000-45,000 per year)
Responsibilities to Students
· Develop and conduct an effective discipleship ministry for the Middle and High School age students.
· To be the primary Bible teacher for the weekly student ministry meetings.
· To serve as one of the team teachers of either the Middle School Sunday School Class or the High School Sunday School Class.
· His teaching ministry shall generally hold the student’s attention and effectively communicate God’s Word while making accurate interpretations of God’s Word and practical applications to the student’s life.
· Plan and/or coordinate monthly student activities (service, missions, events, games etc.).
· Monitor and work within designated student budget and plan student fundraisers when necessary.
· Develop and conduct an effective outreach campaign internally and externally to the community.
· Maintain effective relationships with other area churches and coordinate joint events within reason.
· Establish a long-term vision in how the church can effectively engage students.
· Search out and plan at least two student retreats per year (summer camp or mission’s trip, winter retreat, etc.).
· Disciple individual students as he has the opportunity, provide pastoral care, and offer biblical counsel to students and their families as needed.
· His ministry to students shall include developing a relationship with the parents and facilitating communication, counsel, encouragement, and support as needed.
· Recruit, train, utilize, and supervise adult volunteers as dictated by the overall size of student ministry.
· Meet regularly with student ministry volunteers for the purpose of planning and training.
Responsibilities to Local Community
· Help oversee summer Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, and other church outreach ministries for college age and younger.
· He shall be personally involved in the teaching, counseling, and pastoral care of college age students including those enrolled in schools outside of the area.
· Communicate consistently and effectively with Pastoral staff, Children’s Ministry staff and Deacon Board (quarterly meetings/regular updates).
· Coordinate with the Senior Pastor, the Operations Director, and the Deacon Board as necessary to achieve ministry goals.
· Regularly attend FBC services and support other church programs.
· Oversee the Sunday Evening Kids Program and its ministry.
· Assist the Senior Pastor as directed.
· Preach, teach, and make pastoral visits as directed by the Senior Pastor.
· Fill in for the Senior Pastor when he is absent as directed by the Senior Pastor.
· Assist the Senior Pastor and deacons in the strategic planning and leadership of the Church.
· Be available for Sunday morning worship service announcements, welcome center room, or as directed by the Senior Pastor.
· Be committed to maintaining and operating with the upmost Christian integrity.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a Bible College.
· Continue to meet the biblical qualifications of a pastor outlined in 1 Tim. 3:1-11.
· Exhibit the ability to cooperate with, relate to, and effectively work with a broad spectrum of personalities within the congregation.
· Profess to be born again, be able to explain how that process took place in your own life and how others can receive that free gift as well.
· Must be/become a member of the church and remain in good standing.
· Be living a life in accordance with having a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ (there needs to be evidence to others of being a Christian).
· Agree with the doctrine and follow the FBC Constitution.
· Must look at this position as both a job (responsibility) and as a ministry (service).
· Maintain regular business hours as agreed to with the Senior Pastor and Operations Director as well as submit a weekly ministry log.
· Must be currently serving in some type of church ministry(s).
· Be willing to work well with coworkers and respect the authority of Biblical church leadership.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1949To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1949