Administrative and Clerical
Valor Conservatory Coordinator and Arts Support
The Valor Conservatory Coordinator and Arts Support person will provide critical organization, communication and support primarily to the Conservatory program, as well as support to the Art+Media program as needed. This person will serve to coordinate Conservatory events, ensuring high level execution and a meaningful experience for students, parents and patrons. Likewise, the Valor Conservatory Coordinator and Arts Support person will help ensure that the daily needs of Conservatory students are met in a variety of areas, including private lessons, juries, portfolio reviews, master classes and the faculty mentorship program. This person will lead and facilitate key Conservatory communications to students, parents and faculty, ensuring the smooth operation of the program while reinforcing a God-honoring and student-centric arts culture.
Valor Christian High School is a decidedly Christian, college preparatory school whose core values honor a biblical foundation. Valor employees are faith-centered, joy-filled believers who are active in a local, Christian church. They are both called and committed to the school’s vision and mission and seamlessly integrate faith into their daily work. You will be most successful if you have a true servant’s heart, a teachable spirit, a love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and a commitment to the school’s beliefs and values.
Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity
- Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work
- Demonstrate teachability and a willing heart for service
- Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate Trustworthy Commitment to Valor Christian High School
- Accept and uphold Valor’s values and beliefs as found in the Statement of Beliefs, Christian Community Policy, and Valor Culture Document
- Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’s Annual Statement of Commitment
- Be relationally involved in the life/lives of our students with a heart of service and mission
- Seamlessly and deliberately integrate Biblical truth and Christian values into daily work
- Direct Conservatory support to the Conservatory Coordinator
- Collaborate, coordinate and execute the yearly retreat, auditions, showcases, and parties including the Conservatory team and Director.
- Manage all master documents/files for the Conservatory.
- Manage all Conservatory jury results sharing with students
- Coordinate the ordering and distribution of the Conservatory gear
- Plan and execute any Conservatory special events for students
- Plan for showcases including playbills
- Plan and execute retreat, auditions, showcases, and other events
- Master document management and contact information including audition, jury, showcase order and documents including all signups and policy documents.
- Track private lessons for students
- Manage program information
- Magnus management
- Brochure updates
- Coordinate schedules and organize jury folders and create showcase information sheet
- Weekly touch base with Coordinator
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
- Uphold and embody Valor’s culture as set forth in the Valor Culture Document
- Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
- Develop relationships with colleagues with goals of teamwork, relational unity and spiritual growth
- Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
- Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in action and word
- Assist Team members to facilitate school-wide wins
Demonstrate a Commitment to Fulfilling Valor’s Vision and Mission
- Assume collaborative responsibility for Operating Plan Goals and Fiscal stewardship
- Be a ‘culture- keeper’
Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
- Participate in Valor Team meetings, Chapel and weekly meetings with Team/Supervisor
- Demonstrate teachability and receptive to feedback
- Pursue professional/personal/spiritual growth and development
- Participate in the broader ministry of Valor by contributing of time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities
- Director of Arts and Conservatory
- Conservatory Coordinator
- Conservatory staff team and other arts staff
- Conservatory students and parents
- Arts Coordinator
- Valor Staff including Flik and event managers
- Outside Vendors and Venues
As the Valor Conservatory Assistant, your main focus is taking care of the small details, tracking and maintaining information, assisting the Conservatory coordinator in the execution of the yearly events that allow the rest of the Conservatory Staff to stay on track and organized. You will handle the detailed administrative work so the other members of the Conservatory team are supported and set up to serve our students and their families to the best of their ability.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Calendar, Gmail, Excel
- Problem-solving abilities
- Efficient and timely
- Good listener and service-oriented
The same basic physical demands described here are the same for all employees to successfully perform the essential functions of their jobs. Employees must periodically lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and could occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral/depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are varied and include classroom, office, and outdoor events while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is also varied.
POSITION TYPE: A: Student-facing positions. Traditional school calendar. August – May
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-Time, non-exempt.
SUPERVISOR: Conservatory Coordinator
PAY RANGE: $20-$22/HR
START DATE: August 1, 2022To Apply: https://govalor.com/join-our-team/