|Staff Accountant 1
|Director of Financial Services/Controller
|Hourly: $18.95 to $26.25
General Statement of Job Function
The duties of this Denver Seminary Staff Accountant may include any of the following: cash accounting and reconciliations, general ledger accounting, budget creation and analysis, balance sheet account reconciliation, financial analysis, and financial reporting.
- Process and reconcile monthly payroll, including faculty pay, housing allowances, federal work study, etc.
- Reconcile and submit payment for employee benefits.
- Research and inform management of current payroll tax issues and requirements.
- Account reconciliations and statistical analysis.
- Performing monthly or periodic balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests and assisting with audits schedules.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Assisting the Sr. Accountant or Controller as needed with payroll and budget to actual financial reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting degree or 3 years equivalent accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel required, experience with Financial Edge/Blackbaud software preferred.
- Experience with Paylocity software preferred.
- Nonprofit and/or educational fund accounting experience a definite plus.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding customer service are critical
- The ability to multi-task and to work as part of a team is essential
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Staff Accountant supports this mission by:
- Deadlines are met while maintaining departmental quality standards.
- Compliance with generally accepted accounting principles in executing, analyzing, verifying, and reporting transactions, under management supervision.
- Production of timely and error-free financial input and related reporting.
- Accounting processes that are optimized in production of clear, accurate, and timely financial data.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.