|Job Title:||Staff Accountant|
|Reports To:||Director of Financial Services/Controller|
|Pay:||$19.50 to $27.50|
General Statement of Job Function
The duties of this Denver Seminary Staff Accountant may include any of the following: accounts payable, general ledger accounting, budget management, account reconciliation, fund management, grant reporting, and statistical or financial analysis.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Processing accounts payable transactions
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Entering financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger monthly, as well as preparing reports.
- Performing account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the Controller as needed.
- Accounting degree or 3 years equivalent accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of Excel required, experience with Financial Edge/Blackbaud software preferred
- Nonprofit and/or educational fund accounting experience a definite plus
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding customer service are critical
- The ability to multi-task and to work as part of a team is essential
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Staff Accountant supports this mission by:
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining departmental standards
- Compliance with generally accepted accounting principles in executing, analyzing, verifying, and reporting transactions
- Production of timely and error-free financial input and related reporting
- Efficient accounting processes producing of clear, accurate and timely financial data
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, lengthy periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.