On March 3, 2023 at 10:00 am
Setting Up and Safeguarding Your Practice: Ethical and Legal Considerations
Navigating legal demands and ethical issues in the mental health field is a challenging responsibility that every practitioner faces. Critical best practices related to client files, liability, and general legal regulations in Colorado will be discussed, as well as existing legal resources for mental health professionals. This presentation will also cover unique legal and ethical considerations for setting up and maintaining a private practice in Colorado.
After this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Understand the legal requirements for starting and maintaining a private practice
- Know important ethical considerations and best practices for starting and maintaining a private practice
- Identify resources for a “grievance free” practice in both private and agency workplaces
- When: Friday, March 3, 2023, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Where: Denver Seminary Chapel
- Cost: Free!
- Contact: Caroline Sonnier, Counseling/PhD Administrative Assistant
- Coffee and light refreshments will be provided.