Dr. Eric Suddeath holds a PhD in counselor education and supervision from the University of Mississippi, an MA in marriage and family therapy from Harding School of Theology, and a BA in youth and family ministry with a minor in psychology from Harding University.
Dr. Suddeath is a licensed professional counselor, clinical supervisor, and counselor educator, whose research has focused on teaching preparation within counselor education and supervision doctoral programs. Dr. Suddeath has a passion for teaching and training doctoral students to be effective instructors, and he enjoys reading and writing about narrative therapy and investigating the effectiveness of blended and online instruction.
- Suddeath, E., Baltranic, E., Fye, H., Zhabonova, K., Dugger, S., & Therthani, S. (2021). Group differences between counselor education doctoral students’ number of fieldwork experiences and teaching self-efficacy. The Professional Counselor, 11, 340-351.
- Winburn, A., Suddeath, E., & Russo, J. (2021). Examining the role of online learning in play therapy: Knowledge, attitudes, and skills. British Journal of Play Therapy, 15, 28-41.
- Baltrinic, E., & Suddeath, E. (2020). A Q methodology study of a doctoral counselor education teaching instruction course. The Professional Counselor. 10, 472-487.
- Baltrinic, E., & Suddeath, E. (2020). A phenomenological investigation of counselor education doctoral students’ experiences of teaching supervision. Counselor Education and Supervision, 59, 231-248.
- Suddeath, E., Baltranic, E., & Dugger, S. (2020) Strengthening counselor education and supervision doctoral students’ confidence in teaching: The impact of teaching preparation practices on self-efficacy toward teaching. Counselor Education and Supervision, 59, 59-73.
- Leffler, J., Suddeath, E., Hall, K., & Cruse, T. D. (2020). Innovative approach to meet the needs of working professionals through blended learning. In M. Okojie, T. C. Boulder, H. Lawrence, & W. N. Littell (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Adult Learning in Higher Education (1ed.). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.