Lay Ministry Program Brochure
Lay Ministry Program
Denver Seminary’s Institute of Ministerial Studies Program in Lay Ministry is designed to help train, equip, and support adult men and women to serve more confidently in positions of leadership in their church, Christian organization, or place of work. The program is also designed to prepare and provide students with the skills and foundational knowledge to become successful graduate students at Denver Seminary.
The Program in Lay Ministry extends the educational resources of Denver Seminary into the communities and churches of students in an urban context through this lay ministry program. Upon completion of the Lay Ministry Program , graduates can apply for entrance to Denver Seminary through its undergraduate exemption program for one of the certificate programs, professional MAs (excluding the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program), or Master of Divinity programs.
Completion of the Lay Ministry Program will provide leaders with:
- A foundation on which to conduct proper biblical exegesis.
- A biblical/theological framework on the essential doctrines of the Christian faith.
- A theoretical framework and foundation in leadership and ministry issues from a biblical perspective.
- Practical skills and tools to lead and manage increasingly complex ministries.
- Preparation for Seminary level education.
- Foundational essentials for ministry credentialing (licensure or ordination).
Details & Program Information
- Cost of Program $2,000. Payment plans available.
- Read our Urban Initiatives Brochure
- Spring 2023 Course Schedule
- Start or continue your application here. In your application, you will submit:
- A biographical questionnaire – The biographical questionnaire only needs to be completed once and contains all the information for us to start an application for you.
- A writing portion – This is an opportunity for us to get to know you. You will respond to a few prompts about your story and your interest in Denver Seminary.
- Two references – You need to submit one pastoral reference (a Christian leader in your life who has known you over one year and is not related to you) and one general references (anyone else in your life who has known you over one year and is not related to you).
- A $35 application fee.
- How to Register for classes. MyDenSem is the portal hub of your Denver Seminary Urban Initiative experience and the place where you will register for classes, check class schedules, pay bills, set up a payment plan.
- Registration Deadline. Students must register for cohort by January 10, 2023.