Lay Ministry Program
Denver Seminary’s Institute of Ministerial Studies Program in Lay Ministry is designed to help train, equip, and support adult men and women to serve more confidently in positions of leadership in their church, Christian organization, or place of work. The program is also designed to prepare and provide students with the skills and foundational knowledge to become successful graduate students at Denver Seminary.
The Program in Lay Ministry extends the educational resources of Denver Seminary into the communities and churches of students in an urban context through this lay ministry program. The program is transcripted by Colorado Christian University, which carries the accreditation for the program. This means, upon completion, graduates receive eighteen (18) college credits that is transferrable to Colorado Christian University, and can be applied to any undergraduate program. In addition, graduates can apply for entrance to Denver Seminary through its undergraduate exemption program for one of the certificate programs, professional MAs (excluding the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program), or Master of Divinity programs.
Completion of the Lay Ministry Program will provide leaders with:
- A foundation on which to conduct proper biblical exegesis.
- A biblical/theological framework on the essential
- doctrines of the Christian faith.
- A theoretical framework and foundation in leadership
- and ministry issues from a biblical perspective.
- Practical skills and tools to lead and manage increasingly complex ministries.
- Preparation for Seminary level education.
- Foundational essentials for ministry credentialing (licensure or ordination).
Details & Program Information
- Cost of Program: course fee per class: $250; weekend seminars approximately $65 per weekend; estimated cost for books and supplies per course: $35-50; graduation fee: $30-50. Payment plans available; please inquire at email@example.com.
- Read our Urban Initiatives Brochure
- 2021-22 Course Schedule
- Fill out the application form
- Complete the reference form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org (to fill out electronically, download the PDF and complete the fillable form; then send to the above email).
- Pay the $35 application fee. If you would like to pay by credit card, click here.
To pay via cash or check, please send payment to:
ATTN: Urban Initiatives
6399 South Santa Fe Drive
Littleton, CO 80120
- How to Register for classes. MyDenSem is the portal hub of your Denver Seminary Urban Initiative experience and the place where you will register for classes, check class schedules, pay bills, set up a payment plan, view degree audits, and find links to helpful student information. To log in: Go to my.densem.edu and use your student number as your login ID.
- Registration Deadline. Students must register for all fall courses and weekend seminars by September 2, 2021 and all spring courses and weekend seminars by February 3, 2022.