These are steps for anyone interested in applying to a degree program at Denver Seminary. This includes the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Theology, Certificate, and Doctor of Ministry programs.
Here’s what we need from you:
The biographical questionnaire only needs to be completed once and contains all the information for us to start an application for you. Once you hit submit, the admissions team will start compiling your application documents and an admissions counselor will stay in touch about the process. You will choose your desired campus, program, and start term in this step. If you’re unsure which program you want to pursue, that’s not a problem. Pick the closest one and make sure your admissions counselor is aware you’re still deciding. You can change your program details at any time.
This is an opportunity for us to get to know you. You’ll respond to a few prompts about your story and your interest in Denver Seminary. Your essays will also display your writing ability, so make sure your submission is concisely written and edited for grammatical errors.
You need to submit one pastoral reference (a Christian leader in your life who has known you over one year and is not related to you) and two general references (anyone else in your life who has known you over one year and is not related to you). Please note: Master of Theology (ThM) applicants must submit two academic references in lieu of the general references.
- Master’s level applicants: You will need to submit transcripts from any institution from which you’ve completed an undergraduate degree or higher. Undergraduate transcripts need to be “official,” meaning they have come to us directly from the institution. Master’s and doctorate transcripts may be sent to us directly by you or your institution. If you’re currently in undergrad, we can use “partial transcripts” as placeholders during your application process, with the understanding that you’ll send us the final, official versions after you graduate.
- Master of Theology (ThM) and Doctor of Ministry applicants: You will need to submit transcripts from the institution where you completed your previous master’s degree. These transcripts need to be “official,” meaning they have been sent to us directly from the institution either electronically or by mail. We do not need undergraduate transcripts.
- Doctor of Ministry: Submit a resume of your educational and professional experience.
- Master of Theology (ThM): Submit an academic writing sample (included in Step 2).
- Master’s Level Programs: Baccalaureate degree or currently finishing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Master of Theology: Master of Divinity or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Doctor of Ministry: Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
(Don’t meet this requirement? Email us to see if you qualify for our Undergraduate Degree Exemption process. UDE candidates may not apply for the Master of Arts in Counseling, Theology, Apologetics & Ethics, New Testament, or Old Testament. UDE candidates may not be under 35 years of age.)
- The Master of Arts in Counseling, Theology, Apologetics & Ethics, New Testament, and Old Testament and the Master of Theology require a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- All other programs require a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
(Don’t meet this requirement? Email us to talk through your options for supplementing your GPA.)
It is free to apply for Fall 2022! The application fee has been waived.